Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles is what you make while you’ve acquired lower than 15 minutes to get dinner on the desk and also you want a a Thai repair! Using rooster mince means no meat prep – and you’ll change out with actually any floor meat (beef, turkey, pork).
Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
Firstly, let me be very clear right here that that is in no way an genuine Thai dish which is why I don’t even classify it as a part of the Thai recipes assortment. 😂
It’s only a actually tasty one-skillet, minimal prep dinner that’s filled with Thai flavours.
Specifically, Thai Peanut Sauce flavours. All you Thai Chicken Satay followers on the market will LOVE it!
What you want for Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
Note the usage of rooster mince and child spinach right here – no chopping concerned! 🙌🏻
- Noodle cake – use any on the spot or ramen noodles you may get your fingers on. We’re tossing the seasoning packet and making our personal sauce. Using noodle desserts is good as a result of the crinkly nature of the noodles captures the rooster mince bits. Also, it’s indestructible 😂;
- Red curry paste – our flavour shortcut. There is a time and place for home made pink curry paste. But tonight shouldn’t be it! (PS Regular readers who know I’m a bit snobby about my favorite pink curry paste – Maesri – for this dish, I’m a bit extra relaxed as a result of… properly, you already know. Quick ‘n simple midweek meal and all. Anything will do. 🙂 )
- Chicken mince (floor rooster) – pork and turkey make good subs, although really beef works very well too. Not satisfied about lamb, however then once more, Lamb Satay is darn scrumptious!
- Curry powder – whilst you would possibly suppose this seems to be misplaced, curry powder is an ingredient in Thai Chicken Satay. So including a contact right here provides extra genuine flavour into this completely non genuine dish 😉. Plus, it’s a great way to get flavour into rooster mince;
- Peanut butter – it’s not peanut sauce with out peanut butter! Commercial unfold is okay right here, although you do get extra intense peanut flavour utilizing pure peanut butter (ie no salt or sugar added);
- Soy sauce – for a contact of additional salt within the dish. I like to make use of darkish soy sauce as a result of it stains the white rooster mince, giving it a pleasant color. But mild, all objective soy sauce, tamari and even mushroom soy will work simply tremendous – simply not candy soy;
- Vinegar – for a necessary contact of bitter (sure, it’s utilized in actual Thai Peanut Sauce too). I take advantage of cider vinegar right here although regular white vinegar will work tremendous too;
- Coconut milk and rooster broth/inventory – collectively, these make the sauce for these noodles. Full fats for coconut milk please. If you go for low fats, don’t complain if you’re disillusioned with the sauce flavour! 😂
- Baby spinach – takes mere seconds to wilt, our simple veg quota to throw into this dish which requires zero prep.
Here’s a photograph of what I feel is the perfect Red Curry Paste – by a protracted shot. Also so occurs to be the most affordable, at round $1.50 or so a can in comparison with $three+ for different manufacturers. I take advantage of it for all my genuine Thai recipes as the choice to home made Red Curry Paste.
Having mentioned that although, as I discussed above, as a result of this can be a fast and simple midweek dinner, don’t be too involved about looking down Maesri – any model will do the job properly.
How to make Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles – in 12 minutes!
While one would possibly take a look at the elements above (or how scrumptious the dish seems to be!) and suppose this will’t take 12 minutes!! – the trick is that the one factor you must chop is the garlic (and toppings), and there’s a pleasant work move so you possibly can measure out the elements whilst you re cooking.
Oh – and sure, the noodles are cooked in the identical skillet the rooster is cooked in!
- Garlic first, the prepare dinner the rooster, breaking it up as you go;
- Red curry paste and soy sauce subsequent, to sautéed with the rooster to provide it good flavour and color;
- Chicken inventory/broth subsequent, simmered for a bit to take the uncooked flavour out of it;
- Then squidge the noodle desserts in, submerging them as greatest you possibly can;
- 45 seconds on one facet, flip, 30 seconds, then break them up;
- Add the remaining sauce elements – coconut milk, peanut butter and vinegar, then give all of it a very good toss;
- Then add the child spinach proper on the finish. It received’t take for much longer than 30 seconds or so to wilt; and
- Serve it up! PS You can both garnish with peanuts and contemporary coriander/cilantro earlier than or after serving. I’ve been identified to do each. 🙂 Also, a very good squirt of Sriracha received’t go astray!
This is a dish that’s supposed to be a fast meal so that you don’t want to fret about including a facet dish or much like get your greens in. You might be very beneficiant with the child spinach as a result of it wilts down into nothing.
Also, that is saucier than different fast noodle cake / ramen based mostly fast meals I’ve shared earlier (like this Asian Beef Mince one, Chicken and Vegetable one and Mushroom one). Because, properly, you already know. Thai Peanut Sauce? We can by no means have sufficient!! 😂 – Nagi x
Watch methods to make
12 Minute Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
Prep: three minutes
Cook: 9 minutes
Tap or hover to scale
Heat oil in a skillet over excessive warmth. Add garlic and prepare dinner for 20 seconds till it turns golden.
Add rooster mince and prepare dinner for two minutes, breaking it up as you go, till it principally modifications from pink to white.
Add 1 tbsp pink curry paste, curry powder and soy sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
Clear an area in the course of the pan, add remaining 1/2 tbsp curry paste, stir the curry paste for 30 seconds.
Add rooster inventory, carry to simmer then scale back to medium excessive. Simmer for 1 minute.
Squidge the ramen desserts in, pushing rooster apart so the noodles are as submerged as potential.
Leave for 45 seconds, then flip noodles. Leave for 30 seconds then break the noodles up with 2 wood spoons.
Push noodles apart, add coconut, peanut butter and vinegar, then combine to principally dissolve the peanut butter.
Add spinach, then toss with the noodles for 30 seconds till spinach is wilted. Hopefully, it is nonetheless fairly sauce – everyone loves that sauce!
Transfer to serving bowls, sprinkled with coriander, peanuts and Sriracha or chilli paste if desired.
2. Curry powder – any model is okay right here, not a key ingredient. Your alternative whether or not you employ gentle or spicy (I take advantage of gentle).
three. Red curry paste – The greatest Thai pink curry paste (for my part) is Maesri which is available in small cans and likewise occurs to be the most affordable. Sold at massive supermarkets (Coles, Woolies, Harris), Asian shops. Ayama model is first rate, I don’t suggest Volcom (too candy).
four. Dark soy sauce – provides depth of color, salt and flavour to the rooster. If you don’t have it, any soy sauce you have got is okay.
5. Noodles – this can be a recipe designed for the comfort of noodle desserts, on the spot noodles, ramen. Toss the seasoning packet – we’re making our personal flavours!
6. Nutrition per serving.
Calories: 581cal (29%)Carbohydrates: 14g (5%)Protein: 31g (62%)Fat: 48g (74%)Saturated Fat: 22g (138%)Cholesterol: 86mg (29%)Sodium: 950mg (41%)Potassium: 1209mg (35%)Fiber: threeg (13%)Sugar: fourg (four%)Vitamin A: 4585IU (92%)Vitamin C: 11mg (13%)Calcium: 84mg (eight%)Iron: 6mg (33%)