Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Cake – chocolate banana cake layers with peanut butter banana cream filling and chocolate and peanut butter buttercreams.
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Cake
Happy Monday, pals! I hope you’re feeling completely satisfied and wholesome at the moment!
I’m so excited to lastly share with you my Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Cake. I used to be initially going to name this a Chunky Monkey Cake, however after additional analysis, I discovered that Chunky Monkey ice cream is made with walnuts, not peanuts! I had no thought. Ha!
Anyway, to keep away from confusion, I scratched the Chunky Monkey identify and went with one thing far more boring and tremendous descriptive!
The thought for this cake got here shortly after I printed my Triple Chocolate Banana Cake. Several readers wrote in and expressed how a lot they’d like to see peanut butter thrown within the combine with the chocolate and banana flavors. And you know the way I really feel about peanut butter, so I used to be more than pleased to oblige!
- Cake layers – should you’ve made the Triple Chocolate Banana Cake, you’ll see that I used the very same recipe for this cake. It’s so unimaginable moist and flavorful. I do know you’ll like it!
- Filling – the peanut butter banana cream filling relies off the banana cream filling in my Banana Cream Cake. I additionally use it in my Oreo Brownie Banana Trifle. The filling for each is a Magnolia Bakery knock-off of their banana cream pie dessert (one in every of my favourite desserts on the planet!).
- Buttercream – for the buttercream, we’re truly make two! One batch of my chocolate buttercream and a half batch of my peanut butter buttercream.
Make certain you could have the next particular components available. These are components I’m assuming simply aren’t in your pantry usually. For the complete checklist of components, you’ll want to learn the recipe beneath.
- Banana pudding combine – this needs to be the INSTANT banana pudding combine, made with actual sugar.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Dark cocoa powder
Make Ahead Tips
- Cake layers – The cake layers are an awesome ingredient to make forward of time. I wish to let me layers cool to room temperature after which wrap them effectively with plastic wrap. Let the layers thaw for about an hour earlier than you embellish the cake.
- Filling – you may as well make the filling forward of time, however DO NOT add the bananas till you’re able to fill and serve the cake. Bananas will brown simply, so this isn’t a cake that I’d make utterly head of time.
- Buttercream – each of the buttercream recipes could be made per week forward of time and saved in hermetic containers within the fridge. Make certain to let the buttercreams get again to room temperature and beat them once more for a couple of minutes to revive the fluffy texture.
How to Stack Your Cake
This is one other cake with a comfortable filling, so that you’ll wish to you’ll want to pipe a rim of buttercream across the edge of every cake earlier than including the filling.
To create your stripes, you’ll need:
TIP: Start together with your darker coloration
TIP: After you create the preliminary stripes, be certain that to FREEZE your cake for about 20 minutes earlier than you add your second coloration.
TIP: Keep in thoughts, as you scrape, you’ll be pushing somewhat tougher in opposition to the cake than normal. Also, have in mind, it can look worse earlier than it will get higher. It normally takes greater than a dozen or so scrapers to scrub up the stripes.
Filling Your Piping Bag with Multiple Colors/Flavors
To get a number of colours in your piping bag, comply with the easy tutorial beneath.
Before you begin piping, be sure to haven’t stuffed the piping bag greater than 2/3rds full, twist the highest of the bag and maintain it together with your thumb clamping the twist and your 4 fingers making use of stress. Your free hand is simply there to be a information. Don’t attempt squeezing the piping bag together with your free hand too.
Alright! I believe you’re armed and prepared with all the ideas and information for this cake. I can’t wait so that you can attempt it!