This publish might include Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crispy zucchini chips are a wonderful wholesome keto snack. Learn learn how to make these simple zucchini chips within the oven, air fryer, or dehydrator. They will rapidly change into considered one of your favourite keto snacks!
Hungry for a crunchy, salty snack that doesn’t derail your keto food plan? Then you’ve acquired to do that recipe for zucchini chips.
They’re so scrumptious, and whenever you add just a little smoked paprika for seasoning, they style similar to the well-known Canadian ketchup potato chips. But actually, the sky’s the restrict. You can season them any manner you want finest.
Zucchini is such a splendidly versatile low carb vegetable and I am at all times discovering new makes use of for it. It provides moisture to keto zucchini bread, and it’s additionally an amazing alternative for pasta in zucchini lasagna.
But who can resist the attract of a brilliant skinny, crispy chip? Zucchini is ideal for that too!
How to make crispy zucchini chips
I’ve been making these keto zucchini chips since 2012, and I’ve examined out quite a few methods to make them actually crispy. You have some cooking choices right here, together with:
- Oven baked
- Air fryer
There are execs and cons to every of those strategies. I personally desire oven-baking my zucchini chips, because it permits me to do extra directly and I can test on them ceaselessly to ensure they crisp up correctly.
Air frying is the quickest methodology by far however you possibly can’t do very many at a time, because the zucchini slices must be specified by a single layer.
A meals dehydrator works properly too, however not everybody owns such a contraption. It can also be the strategy that takes the longest, because the chips have to dehydrate for about eight to 10 hours to crisp up.
Baked zucchini chips
One of the tips to getting zucchini chips good and crispy is the superior prep. By salting the zucchini and patting it dry, you scale back a lot of the preliminary moisture content material, permitting them to crisp up a lot sooner. Here’s the way it works:
You will want:
- A mandolin slicer or meals processor
- 1 giant or 2 medium zucchini
- Oil or oil spray
- Seasonings of selection
- Slice the zucchini very thinly. You need them not more than 1/eighth of an inch thick. It’s very tough to do that with a knife, so I advocate utilizing a mandolin slices. If you occur to personal a meals processor with an adjustable slicing disk, that may work too.
- Layer and salt the slices. Arrange a single layer of slices in a colander within the sink and frivolously salt it. Add one other layer and extra salt, and proceed to take action till the entire zucchini slices are used up.
- Drain 1 hour. Allow the salt to do the onerous work of drawing out the moisture.
- Pat dry. Lay the slices out on a tea towel pat them dry with one other tea towel or rag.
- Arrange on parchment and frivolously grease the tops. Parchment paper works finest, as silicone mats will maintain the zucchini chips from drying out correctly. You can use a sprig like avocado or coconut oil, or you possibly can brush the tops with a little bit of liquid oil.
- Season as desired. Sprinkle frivolously as a result of the seasoning turns into extra concentrated because the slices shrink within the oven.
- Bake till crisp. Depending on how skinny your slices are and the way a lot you managed to dry them, this could take an hour to 90 minutes.
Air Fryer Method
- Prep the zucchini slices as outlined above, with salt, oil, and seasoning
- Set the air fryer to 350F.
- Lay in a single layer.
- Air fry 10 minutes or so, till crisp.
- Prep the zucchini as outlined above, with salt, oil, and seasoning.
- Set the dehydrator to 135F.
- Lay the zucchini in single layers within the dehydrator discs.
- Dehydrate till crisp, wherever between eight and 12 hours.
How to season zucchini chips
How you select to season your zucchini chips is as much as you, however I do have some tasty options!
As I talked about earlier, smoked paprika makes them style just like the ketchup flavored chips I grew up with. Truth be informed, that was by no means my favourite taste, as I at all times cherished bitter cream and onion finest. But I know they’re massively widespread with different folks.
Pork King Good has simply come out with some scrumptious keto pleasant seasoning shakers, together with Ranch, Dill Pickle, and Sour Cream and Onion. I am already planning one other batch of those keto zucchini chips simply to check them out. Yum!
More scrumptious keto chip recipes
Baked Zucchini Chips Recipe
Servings: 2 servings
Slice zucchini crosswise into 1/eight inch thick slices utilizing a mandolin slicer or meals processor.
Place the zucchini in layers right into a colander or sieve, sprinkling with just a little salt with every layer. (You will use about 1/four tsp salt). Let drain one hour.
Preheat the oven to 225F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Lay the zucchini slices out on a tea towel and pat dry with one other tea towel. Then lay them out on the ready baking sheets, shut collectively however not touching. Spray frivolously with the avocado oil spray or brush frivolously with liquid oil.
In a spice shaker, mix the paprika, pepper, and the remaining salt. Sprinkle over the tops of the zucchini.
Bake 70 to 90 minutes, till dry, browned and crisp, rotating sheets midway by way of baking. If some chips are crisp early, take away them from the pans and return the remaining to the oven.
Sprinkle with extra salt to style. Serve instantly.
Store in a lined container on the counter for as much as three days. If they soften as they sit, merely re-crisp them in a heat oven.
Note: Instructions for air fryer and dehydrator are listed within the weblog publish.
Baked Zucchini Chips Recipe
Amount Per Serving (1 serving = roughly 1/2 cup chips)
Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.