This publish could include Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This keto lava cake will blow your thoughts. Gooey heat chocolate cake with a middle of molten peanut butter. You received’t consider it’s sugar free and solely 4g web carbs per serving!
I’m having such enjoyable going again and tweaking outdated recipes like this one. This keto lava cake has at all times been one in every of my favourite desserts.
How are you able to go flawed with a heat peanut butter middle oozing out throughout you plate? That’s proper, buddy, you may’t. You merely can’t go flawed with this basic recipe.
Chocolate and peanut butter is ketolicious!
Have I ever talked about how a lot I like chocolate and peanut butter collectively? Um, perhaps only a few occasions.
You could have seen me point out it in my keto peanut butter cups. Or perhaps I dropped a touch after I was waxing poetic about keto peanut butter pie.
It’s a little bit horrifying, how a lot I like peanut butter and chocolate collectively. It’s a taste mixture that’s by no means removed from my thoughts, even when I’m within the midst of making one other recipe altogether.
And I do know I’m not the one one who feels this fashion. Whenever I publish a peanut butter and chocolate recipe, it will get an excessive amount of consideration. In reality, my keto peanut butter bars went so viral, Facebook slapped a warning label on them. Weird however true!
Ingredients for peanut butter chocolate lava desserts
You solely want a number of easy substances to make these beautiful keto lava desserts. Get your purchasing listing prepared!
- Unsweetened chocolate: By unsweetened, I imply completely no sweetener in any respect. This ought to be 100% cacao chocolate and I urge you to buy a high quality model like Ghirardelli or Guittard. Good high quality makes a giant distinction!
- Butter: Melting butter with the chocolate provides the bottom for these decadent desserts.
- Sweetener: I desire Swerve Granular in these desserts however they work with any erythritol primarily based sweetener. I haven’t tried allulose in them however I think about it too would work.
- Eggs: This keto lava cake recipe makes use of one entire egg and one egg yolk. The yolk gives further richness and makes them even gooier.
- Almond flour: Classic lava desserts take solely a little bit flour and on this case, we merely use three tablespoons.
- Vanilla extract: For taste!
- Peanut butter: I like to recommend an excellent, creamy peanut butter like Justin’s, as you need it to ooze out when the desserts break open.
How to make keto lava desserts
The course of is de facto fairly easy and enjoyable. Let’s evaluate:
- Prep three ramekins. Grease them rather well with a strong fats like butter or coconut oil. Then mud them flippantly with cocoa powder. This permits the desserts to launch extra simply after baking.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter. I do that within the microwave but it surely may also be executed on the range. Whatever technique you select, be certain it’s mild so that you don’t seize the chocolate. I do 30 second increments within the microwave, stirring in between.
- Whisk within the sweetener, then the eggs. As lengthy as you took care to not overheat the chocolate, including the eggs to the nice and cozy combination ought to be high quality.
- Stir within the almond flour, vanilla, and salt.
- Spoon batter into the ramekins. You want about two thirds of the batter to cowl the bottoms of the ramekins.
- Dollop within the peanut butter. Use about 2 to three teaspoons for every keto lava cake.
- Top with remaining cake batter. Be positive to cowl the peanut butter fully!
- Bake. 10 to 12 minutes at 375F bakes the cake however go away the facilities good and gooey.
- Invert. Run a pointy knife across the exterior of the desserts earlier than flipping out onto a plate.
- Dig in! Grab a fork and revel in these scrumptious keto lava desserts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Almond butter works properly, however you would additionally use the brand new tremendous creamy sugar free chocolate hazelnut unfold from ChocZero. Delicious!
I haven’t tried to make keto lava desserts with out butter however I believe dairy free substitutes would work simply high quality.
I’ve solely tried these keto lava desserts with Swerve however I believe any erythritol primarily based sweetener would work. Allulose may match as properly, however I can’t assure that.
Keto Lava Cakes Recipe
This keto lava cake will blow your thoughts. Gooey heat chocolate cake with a middle of molten peanut butter. You will not consider it is sugar free and solely 4g web carbs per serving!
Servings: three lava desserts
Preheat the oven to 375F and grease three small ramekins. Dust the ramekins with cocoa powder and shake out the surplus.
In a microwave protected bowl, soften the butter and chocolate collectively, whisking till clean. Alternatively, you may soften it fastidiously in a pan over low warmth.
Add the sweetener and whisk till mixed. Then add the egg and egg yolk and whisk till clean. Whisk within the almond flour, vanilla extract, and salt till properly mixed.
Divide about two thirds of the batter between the three ramekins, ensuring to cowl the bottoms.
Divide the peanut butter between the ramekins, putting within the middle of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter and unfold to the sides.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or till the sides of the desserts are set however the middle nonetheless jiggles barely. Remove and let cool 5 to 10 minutes. Then run a pointy knife across the edges and flip out onto plates.
Keto Lava Cakes Recipe
Amount Per Serving (1 cake)
Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.