My household’s fav dinners usually embody a build-your-own bowl kind of meal. This teriyaki bowl checks all of the bins with straightforward customization, scrumptious selection, and an entire lot of taste packed into the spices + coconut rice. I can’t wait so that you can do that candy and spicy combo, my tackle a teriyaki rice bowl.
What is Teriyaki?
Traditional teriyaki dates again to 17th century Japan. While we consider teriyaki as a sauce, it originated as a mode of cooking. Ingredients are marinated in soy sauce, mirin (Japanese rice wine), and sugar, then grilled, broiled, or roasted.
Teriyaki sauce, like we discover in grocery shops and Japanese-American eating places right now, was created by Japanese immigrants to Hawaii. This adaptation is usually syrupy candy, and infrequently contains further elements like ginger and sake.
Teriyaki rice bowl recipe
Since the veggies don’t take lengthy to cook dinner, I begin this recipe by cooking the coconut rice. While most of us know the best way to cook dinner rice in water, do you know it’s simply as straightforward to cook dinner rice in canned coconut milk? And fairly scrumptious, I’d add. Just warmth the canned coconut milk similar to you’d the water, then add within the rice and let the magic occur. The rice will take in the flavour + wholesome fats from the coconut milk, and also you’ll get a flexible base for quite a lot of future meals, together with this teriyaki bowl.
Because I need the veggies to remain crunchy, and the teriyaki sauce to shine (it’s a teriyaki bowl in spite of everything), I broil these veggies as an alternative of baking them. Make positive to preheat the oven on broil, in order that the veggies get the complete warmth proper from the beginning. You can even choose to grill your veggies, for a barely completely different taste, but the identical crunchy consequence.
Teriyaki bowl swaps
This recipe is definitely adaptable to your pantry and style preferences. If the teriyaki sauce/spices are an excessive amount of for a few of your eaters, then make the sauce individually, and have it on the desk so as to add after cooking. Just broil the veggies in some olive or avocado oil. Other nice veggies so as to add or swap into this teriyaki bowl embody snap peas, contemporary inexperienced beans, cauliflower, spinach, swish chard, bamboo shoots, and asparagus.
If you need a grain free rice choice, then use cauliflower rice. Heat a pan on medium warmth, then add olive oil. Sauté riced cauliflower till the items are browned, stirring steadily. I purchase luggage of riced cauliflower at Costco, for a simple version to veggie bowls in addition to smoothies.
Build your personal bowl recipes
If this recipe intrigues you, then I’ve bought extra the place this got here from! I even devoted a complete weblog put up to the artwork of constructing your personal veggie bowl, to assist get your artistic juices flowing. Here are a number of extra fav ‘bowl’ recipes which are simply as superb because the teriyaki bowl under:
I def wasn’t joking once I mentioned my veggie bowl sport was sturdy. These recipes are legit scrumptious, nourishing, and shareable.
Plant primarily based meals for palate
This recipe is simply one of many 200+ vegetarian recipes from our Rawk the Year meal planner. To assist clear up the query of “what’s for dinner,” I created a plant primarily based meal planner with weekly meal plans + quarterly cleanses to take the guesswork out of fine, clear meals. This has been a sanity savor in my home throughout the summer time… and my want to nonetheless eat effectively in between the ice cream sandwiches and snow cones.
So, how excited are you to do this teriyaki rice bowl? Don’t neglect to depart a score + evaluation to let me know the way it turned out.
Say howdy to summer time with these Hawaiian-fusion veggie bowls! Roasted greens over coconut rice make for a fast and nutrient dense meal that the entire household will love.
- Coconut oil, for greasing pan
- 1⁄Four cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon contemporary ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 massive bell pepper, reduce into 1” chunks
- 1 small yellow onion, reduce into 1” chunks
- 2 cups contemporary pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup inexperienced onions, thinly sliced, for serving
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup raw lengthy grain white rice
- 14 ounce can gentle coconut milk
- 1⁄Four cup water
- 1⁄Four teaspoon salt
- In a Four-quart pan with tight-fitting lid, warmth coconut oil over medium-high warmth.
- Add the rice to the pan. Cook, stirring consistently to toast the rice till the grains are opaque.
- Lower warmth, as wanted, to forestall rice from burning or browning.
- Add the coconut milk, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, then decrease warmth to a simmer, and canopy pan with the lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, then take away from the warmth. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven broiler to excessive. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Set apart.
- Combine soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic. Place the broccoli, onion, and pink bell pepper in a bowl.
- Toss with half of the sauce, saving the opposite half to drizzle on bowl when serving.
- Place the veggies on the ready baking sheet. Broil for 5-7 minutes, or till they begin to brown on the sides and the broccoli is tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Remove from oven.
- Divide the coconut rice between 4 bowls and high with an equal quantity of roasted veggies, 1⁄2 cup every of contemporary pineapple, and a sprinkle of inexperienced onions. Drizzle with slightly of the remaining teriyaki sauce and eat whereas scorching.
Keywords: veggie bowls, veggie bowl, teriyaki bowl, veggie bowl recipe
So… what do you assume?
Let me know the way you’re feeling about this new recipe within the feedback under. If you prefer it, we are able to make extra renditions of veggie bowls! If not, let me know what you need. Together, we’re Simple Green Smoothies.