These Slow Cooker Bourbon Hot Dogs are precisely what you might want to get pleasure from your BBQ with out heating up the entire home! The better part is that the majority of those elements will be present in your kitchen already.
I feel one can’t have sufficient appetizer recipes! I’d serve these bourbon scorching canine together with one other appetizer equivalent to spinach dip or Rotel dip for an ideal unfold at a celebration.
This recipe is a superb different to conventional scorching canine, and it’s even higher with the candy and tangy drunken sauce! No want so as to add condiments to this scrumptious crockpot dish.
Can I take advantage of beer as a substitute of bourbon?
- While bourbon is the proper alternative for these gradual cooker scorching canine when you’ve got beer as a substitute, that can work high-quality.
- Beer provides the new canine a extra delicate taste that some folks would possibly even want. You can use any beer that you’d usually drink on this recipe rather than the bourbon.
Can I take advantage of lil smokies or sausage as a substitute?
Sure! There are different cocktail weenie recipes on the market utilizing all types of various meat selections.
You may additionally wish to use cut-up brats or kielbasa in case you are searching for your completed product to have extra chew than conventional scorching canine.
You may even use little smokies or frozen meatballs! Whichever you select, they’ll soften in your mouth and also you received’t wish to miss a single drop after they’re cooked with the nice and cozy, candy sauce – yum!
How to make bourbon scorching canine
- Beef scorching canine – (two 15-oz. packages) I take advantage of Oscar Meyer. If attainable don’t skimp on the new canine, a great beef scorching canine has MUCH extra taste than a rooster scorching canine.
- Barbecue sauce
- Brown sugar
- Bourbon – I take advantage of an area bourbon whiskey known as Broken Top Whiskey
- Worcestershire sauce
- Red pepper flakes
Start by slicing the hotdogs at an angle into fourths.
Then place the sliced scorching canine within the gradual cooker.
Add the moist elements: ketchup, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce and pink pepper flakes.
Stir till well-combined. Place the lid on the gradual cooker.
How lengthy ought to I cook dinner?
- Cook on LOW for five hours. Stirring often.
- Note, that 5 hours shouldn’t be too lengthy to cook dinner these.
- The scorching canine will absorb the bourbon and the sauce and switch darker. They is not going to shrivel. They solely get higher the longer they cook dinner.
What ought to I serve with these?
Other scorching canine recipes for the crock pot
I hope you loved this recipe. It is considered one of our favourite dishes and it’s straightforward to make too! Save the recipe for later or share with a buddy who likes scrumptious appetizer dishes.
Want to make extra magic in your crockpot? Stay updated and subscribe to my e-newsletter and observe alongside on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Bourbon Hot Dogs
Cut up scorching canine on this appetizer recipe with candy and tangy bourbon sauce.
Cut the hotdogs into fourths. Do this by slicing them on an angle.
Place the new canine items within the gradual cooker.
Add the ketchup, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce and pink pepper flakes, stir.
Place the lid on the gradual cooker. Cook on LOW for five hours. Stirring often.
Note: 5 hours shouldn’t be too lengthy to cook dinner these. We are NOT simply heating these up. The longer they cook dinner, they marinate within the bourbon and sauce and absorb taste. The scorching canine is not going to shrivel.
How to Video:
All the alcohol might not cook dinner out of those for the gradual cooker doesn’t get to a excessive warmth. I’d not serve these to infants, kids, OR anybody who doesn’t drink alcohol for respect to them.
How ought to I serve these?
- I serve these as an appetizer with toothpicks. Makes for an ideal snack for recreation day or any potluck.
- Or, these bourbon scorching canine can simply be paired with a pleasant coleslaw recipe, baked beans and even mac and cheese.
Can I take advantage of one thing apart from scorching canine?
Yes, you should use one of many following:
- Little smokies
- Cut up brats
- Sliced Kielbasa
- You may even use frozen meatballs!
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 835mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 109IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg