This submit might include Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This straightforward keto cobbler is full of ripe juicy berries and topped with a candy grain-free biscuit crust. Top it with some keto ice cream for critical summer time deliciousness.
Is something extra dreamy than this keto cobbler recipe? No, mates, no there may be not. Especially when all of the contemporary berries are in season and bursting with juicy taste.
I are likely to go a little bit loopy in the summertime when contemporary berries are available. I develop my very own raspberries, which is a continuing supply of pleasure all summer time. And I load up on strawberries and blueberries each time I hit my farmer’s market.
Coming up with recipes that work in contemporary berries is pure pleasure for me. A number of fan favorites embrace keto blueberry bread, no bake keto strawberry cheesecake, and my well-known keto raspberry cream cheese espresso cake.
For this Triple Berry Keto Cobbler, I used strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Blueberries weren’t fairly in season on the time however you could possibly simply swap these in in that case desired!
Topping for keto cobbler
When it comes to creating a cobbler type dessert, the filling is the simple half. It’s often simply fruit, sweetener, and a little bit thickening agent in order that it’s not too soupy.
But the topping varies significantly recipe to recipe. I’ve seen recipes that make the most of a extra cake-like topping, to ones that use sugar cookie dough. All of which might be scrumptious.
The traditional, and most typical, topping for cobbler is a candy biscuit-like dough, and that’s what I used right here. I modified my straightforward keto biscuits, leaving out the cheese and making it thicker and sweeter.
It was completely delectable!
How to make keto cobbler
This is a straightforward keto dessert that comes collectively in 45 minutes, begin to end. Here’s the way it’s accomplished:
- Use contemporary berries. I extremely advocate utilizing contemporary, as frozen berries get very comfortable and launch extra juice, which implies a soupy filling. What berries you utilize is as much as you, however needless to say blueberries are a bit increased in carbs.
- Spread them in a non-metallic baking dish. Berries might be fairly acidic and should react to the metallic in a baking pan.
- Choose a sweetener. I advocate allulose or BochaSweet for keto cobbler, because it makes the filling extra syrupy.
- Mix the sweetener with some thickener. Whisking in some xanthan gum or glucomannan with the sweetener helps distribute it extra evenly.
- Sprinkle over the berries.
- Choose a sweetener. I extremely advocate utilizing a brown sugar substitute like Swerve Brown, because it provides the topping extra depth of taste. An erythritol sweetener will even assist agency up the topping properly, whereas allulose will make it very comfortable.
- Whisk the dry substances. Make positive to interrupt up any clumps within the flours and sweeteners as you go.
- Add the moist substances. The topping combination ought to be like a stiff biscuit dough. It must be on the thicker facet in order that it doesn’t disappear down into the filling.
- Use your fingers to interrupt the dough into items and sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake till bubbly and browned.
Frequently Asked Questions
This keto cobbler will work with any fruit however it’s worthwhile to be conscious of carb rely. Raspberries and strawberries have a number of the lowest carbs, however blueberries and blackberries are a bit increased. Peaches can be utilized sparingly as properly.
You can change the coconut flour with three occasions as a lot almond flour, so one other 6 tablespoons. Do needless to say it will increase the carb rely.
Yes however as I point out above, erythritol primarily based sweeteners like Swerve are greatest for a agency biscuit topping. Allulose or BochaSweet might make it softer and extra cake-like. You don’t have to make use of a brown sweetener, nevertheless it does give the cobbler nice taste.
Absolutely! Try changing the butter with coconut oil and the whipping cream with coconut milk.
Any cobbler type dessert goes to be greatest made contemporary, as a result of it continues to melt because it sits. I did discover that the topping was good and agency the following day however softened a bit as I re-heated it.
Keto cobbler is greatest made contemporary however chances are you’ll find yourself with some leftovers. Simply go away the cobbler within the baking dish and wrap it up tightly. Store within the fridge.
To re-heat, you may dish it out into particular person servings, or heat it within the unique baking dish. It re-heats properly in each the oven or the microwave.
More scrumptious keto dessert recipes
Triple Berry Keto Cobbler
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 half of cups contemporary strawberries, quartered
- 1 half of cups contemporary raspberries
- 1 cup contemporary blackberries
- 1/four cup allulose (or BochaSweet)
- half of tsp glucomannan
Preheat the oven to 325F.
Spread the berries in a 2 quart ceramic baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk collectively the allulose and glucomannan. Sprinkle over the berries.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir within the melted butter, egg white, and whipping cream till a stiff dough types.
Using your fingers, break the dough up into small chunks and sprinkle over the filling. Press down frivolously to stick.
Bake 30 minutes, till the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown. Remove and let cool at the very least 15 minutes earlier than serving.
Triple Berry Keto Cobbler
Amount Per Serving (1 serving = roughly half of cup)
Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food regimen.